I’m an Oracle Database Consultant at Enkitec (an Oracle Platinum Partner and one of the first Oracle partners to acquire its own Exadata Database Machine!)..
I made this weblog to serve as my Knowledge File…To share and keep track of all ideas, learnings, and experiences about my areas of interest on ORACLE (Performance & Troubleshooting, SQL Tuning, RAC, Security, etc, etc..) and LINUX. Well, it may not be “too complete” as I have envisioned but I’m working on it little by little :-) and I hope some of the posts would be useful to the community as well..
My Certifications and Recognitions:
- OakTable member @ 27, 07/2012
- Red Hat Certified Engineer – RHEL5 (certificate #805010044156260), 12/2010
- Oracle ACE – 1st in the Philippines (bit.ly/karlarao), 05/2010
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator – RHEL5 (certificate #100-073-857), 8/2008
- Red Hat Certified Technician – RHEL5 (certificate #605008645020295), 8/2008
- Oracle10g Database Administrator Certified Professional, 09/2007
- Oracle10g Database Administrator Certified Associate, 01/2007
- Ultimate Exadata IO monitoring – Flash, HardDisk , & Write Back Cache overhead – OakTable World 2013 - September 23-24, 2013
- “Where did my CPU go?” – Oracle Open World 2013 September 22-26, 2013
- Performance data visualization with Oracle R and Tableau - Enkitec Extreme Exadata Expo (E4) 2013 – August 5-6, 2013
- “Where did my CPU go?” - OakTable World 2012 - Oct 1-2, 2012, RMOUG13 - Feb 11-13, 2013, IOUG Collaborate13 - April 7-11 2013, KSCOPE13 - June 23-27 2013
- A PeopleSoft & OBIEE Consolidation Success Story - Enkitec Extreme Exadata Expo (E4) 2012 - August 13–14, 2012, RMOUG13 - Feb 11-13, 2013, KSCOPE13 - June 23-27 2013
- Mining the AWR (v2) - Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group (RMOUG) training days 2012 http://goo.gl/7vAbp - Feb 14-16, 2012
- Mining the AWR - Virtathon http://goo.gl/5iowa - July 16-21, 2011
- Mining the AWR repository for Capacity Planning, Visualization, & other real world stuff (event) – Hotsos Symposium 2011, March 6-10, 2011
- Mining the AWR repository for Capacity Planning, Visualization, & other real world stuff(pdf)(event) – OOW 2010 – Unconference, 09/22/2010
- Graphing the AAS ala EM + doing some cool linear regression(pdf)(event) – Oracle Closed World 2010, 09/20/2010
- Virtualization?(pdf) – DEVCON Event@Asia Pacific College, 03/19/2010
- Characterizing the workload(blog post)(event) – Oracle Philippines DBA round table (Performance is the topic), 02/18/2010
- Performance Scenario – Sudden slow down on RAC(pdf)(event) – Oracle Philippines DBA round table (RAC is the topic), 07/21/2009
- Oracle Event, Scale Above the Limits of High Availability(event) – Customer Case Study for National Transmission Corporation, 09/25/2008
All of the slides can also be viewed at Slideshare
- Database Careers Roundtable - RMOUG13 - Feb 11-13, 2013
- RAC Experts Panel - IOUG Collaborate13 - April 7-11 2013
- Written an article for NoCOUG journal titled – “why my database is slow?” – http://www.nocoug.org/Journal/NoCOUG_Journal_201105.pdf
- Oracle ACE spotlight for Oct 2011 newsletter issue http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oracle-ace/ace-newsletter-oct2011-522155.pdf
Karl Arao is an OCP-DBA, RHCE, Oracle ACE, and a proud member of the OakTable Network. He works for Enkitec as a Senior Technical Consultant where he currently spends most of his time exploring on Exadata capacity planning and performance. Prior to that, Karl went to work for SQL*Wizard as a Solutions Architect and an R&D guy where he had his five years of solid DBA experience. He shares his experiences, adventures, and discoveries in his blog (karlarao.wordpress.com), he tweets at @karlarao, and owns a Wiki site (karlarao.tiddlyspot.com) where he shares his quick guides and documentations on technologies. He presents at local Oracle Events and DBA round tables, and has also presented at Oracle Open World Unconference, Oracle Closed World, OakTable World, Enkitec Extreme Exadata Expo, Virtathon, RMOUG, IOUG Collaborate, and Hotsos. In his spare time, he loves to mine the ASH and AWR and do adventure sports like underwater hockey, mountaineering, and mountain biking.
Fancy Conference BIO:
As a true believing Oracle Database consultant, Karl Arao is a proud Oracle nerd as well as a RedHat Certified Engineer. His specialized Oracle areas of interest include Exadata, Performance and Troubleshooting, RAC, Security, Virtualization, and most of all, mining the AWR and Capacity Planning. One of his prized possessions, which he loves more than his car, is his R&D server running on OEL UEK kernel with Intel 2nd gen Sandy Bridge, 8x1TB 7200 RPM SATA3 -shortstroked on 320GB vbox LVM stripe, next 320GB ASM,16GB mem having lots of VirtualBox VMs. Has been known to ask Starbucks baristas for “a half-caff Exadata half rack x2-2 split config with extra foam.” When he’s not busy with technology, Karl enjoys underwater hockey and mountaineering. Favorite saying: “Exadata whut?”.
Thanks for dropping by, happy reading! and would love to hear some comments.. :)