Click on this link to be redirected to the Scripts section. Some of my favorite tools I’ve created are the following:
- r2toolkit – a regression analysis tool for Oracle workload performance updated 20110709
- AWR Tableau Toolkit – create your own performance data warehouse and easily characterize the workload, CPU, IO of the entire cluster (30 instances) with months of perf data in less than 1 hour updated 20120912
- I no longer update this toolkit. This served as a version 1 of a more comprehensive tool called eAdam which I started with Carlos Sierra (the main developer), Frits Hoogland, and Randy Johnson at Enkitec.
- run_awr-quickextract – set of scripts used for Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning and Sizing updated 20140624
- This doesn’t create a warehouse, all you need is to consolidate the CSV files and you’re good to go. I use this a lot for performance firefighting or one time sizing engagements.
- oriontoolkit – an automated Orion and collectl runs for OLTP and DSS updated 20110916
- IOsaturationtoolkit-v2 – a benchmark tool to validate the database IO performance from the Orion and Calibrate IO runs
- updated 20120511: the version 2 now contains a section for doing IORM test cases and some cool smart scan monitoring scripts
- cell_iops.sh – a “sort of” end to end Exadata IO monitoring script, see the script for README
- runbenchtoolkit – a simple tookit to benchmark your new SQLs updated 20120702
- plan_change_toolkit – a tool that looks for big variations in elapsed times across multiple databases (which could be brought by plan change, workload growth, and optimizer changes) and sends a summary report for every occurrence updated 20121121
Investigations and WhitePapers
- Mining the AWR repository for Capacity Planning and Visualization
- AAS investigation and the CPU Wait metric
- OEM12c Consolidation Planner quick notes and comparison to Enkitec’s Provisioning Worksheet (link1, link2, link3)
- Exadata Consolidation Success Story
- Where did my CPU go?